Battle Report #2

It’s time for a little update. I’ll summarize the most significant changes since the last report.

What happened

I worked on a little ingame tool to help previewing and playing skill animations quickly.


 

At one time I wanted to implement a Slime enemy, but needed a sprite and didn’t want to wait for the artist. So I decided to draw one and it embarassingly turned out like this:

His expression kinda grew on me, that’s why I decided to create a dedicated species called Smug Slime. Which are Slimes, but more special.


 

Another area I worked on are the battle tooltips. I experimented and played with Krita until I got bored liked it. I also want to add a frame, but couldn’t work one out yet.


 

Yesterday I started to rework the Skill Launcher which is the thing where each character places skills on. Now it’s nicely animated and placed in the center of the character instead of on the top. I also moved the bars to the bottom and placed a darkish pattern behind each battler.


 

But that’s not all… a lot of stuff I can’t put into screenshots like bug fixes and more technical related things were done. I hope to fix the ugly resource bars next.

Thanks for reading and look forward to Battle Report #3.

Advertisements

Prelude

A small teaser screenshot of the current ingame character skills overview. Everything is based on the engine’s default theme and is designed purely on a programmers definition of being functional. The focus of the next weeks lies on revising the theme and menu structure.

WordPress.com.

Up ↑