Battle Report #2

It’s time for a little update. I’ll summarize the most significant changes since the last report.

What happened

I worked on a little ingame tool to help previewing and playing skill animations quickly.


 

At one time I wanted to implement a Slime enemy, but needed a sprite and didn’t want to wait for the artist. So I decided to draw one and it embarassingly turned out like this:

His expression kinda grew on me, that’s why I decided to create a dedicated species called Smug Slime. Which are Slimes, but more special.


 

Another area I worked on are the battle tooltips. I experimented and played with Krita until I got bored liked it. I also want to add a frame, but couldn’t work one out yet.


 

Yesterday I started to rework the Skill Launcher which is the thing where each character places skills on. Now it’s nicely animated and placed in the center of the character instead of on the top. I also moved the bars to the bottom and placed a darkish pattern behind each battler.


 

But that’s not all… a lot of stuff I can’t put into screenshots like bug fixes and more technical related things were done. I hope to fix the ugly resource bars next.

Thanks for reading and look forward to Battle Report #3.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: